Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trader Joes..will never let you down!

Last night we went to a potluck dinner with Theron's co-workers. We were in charge of a veggie tray. I didn't feel like spending two hours running to the grocery store, so we stopped by Trader Joes which is just blocks from our house. We have been trying a lot of new things from there recently and have NEVER been disappointed in our purchase. We tried something new for the party and loved it. I don't know if any of our blog readers live near a Trader Joes [if we even have any blog readers :)....], but if you do, I thought I would post some of our top 10 favorite picks:
1) Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (this was what we brought to the party--so good with fresh snap peas!)
2) Sweet Potatoes. They only sell organic ones. They are SOO sweet (Karsten, Morgan and Kari's favorite!)
3) Nothing But Bananas Flattened (Karsten & Aunt Ambies favorite!--it's just dried, flattened bananas-like fruit roll-up consistency).
3) Joes O's (Knock off Cheerios Reg price 1.99 and we like them better than Cheerios)
4) Frozen sliced mixed peppers (Red, Yellow and Green, already sliced--1 lb for $1.29-That's way cheaper than buying them fresh and they are already sliced and ready to cook)
5) Frozen Pot stickers--chicken, veggie or shrimp. Low-fat. YUM!
6) Salsa Fresca Chips --I found these thanks to my dad. We went for a visit and I ate the whole bag. I don't even eat chips, but these are lower fat and have apple, flaxseed, and all sorts of nutritious stuff so I don't feel guilty eating them myself or giving them to Karsten.
7) Blueberry Museli-I mix it will regular oatmeal, cinnamon, bananas and raisins for a wholesome packed breakfast for the whole fam.
8) Chewy Peanut Butter granola Bars- Theron doesn't like granola bars but he likes these.
9) Sauces--We've bought Indian, Thai, Japanese and Chinese cooking sauces and dips and have enjoyed all of them. If you are interested in specific flavors, let me know.
10) Handmade 100% Fresh Fruit Bars-- (Again similar to a fruit roll-up only it's only fruit and fruit juices in all sorts of flavors)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

wow - I've never heard of Trader Joes, but that stuff sounds so yummy!!
Oh and what happened to the "I stink" post? It disappeared! :)

Veronica Reeve said...

Ooooh I want a Trader Joes!! I'll have to scout out if there are any in the area. Such a great selection of healthy treats (which are so hard to come by in your regular grocers) Thanks for sharing!

Katie T. said...

Yum-reading that made me hungry! I've never had anything from Trader Joes, sure would like to try it!

LCFrohm said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Hope your day is filled with love.
Lindsay