Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kindergarten, here I come!

I can't believe how the time has flown. Karsten started Kindergarten today!! Really, we just went and met his teacher, explored the classroom, met some of his classmates and came home. The "real" first day is tomorrow. Karsten and I got to go together this morning and had a fun little time. He likes his teacher and is excited about all the fun things he'll get to do in his classroom. We are so grateful for a WONDERFUL preschool teacher (thank you Sister Bryner!!)who prepared him for this day. I give her more credit than I can take for where he is today.

Karsten is in morning Kindergarten which begins at 8:15a. I am dreading getting him ready on time in the morning, but today I was pleasantly surprised. He woke up before his alarm and got dressed before he came downstairs. He ate breakfast quickly (usually it takes him a good 30 minutes to finish his 3+ bowls of cereal) and was ready to go with 30 minutes to spare! WOW- Amazing (it really was :)- ) I hope this trend continues....

Anyhow, here are some pictures from this morning:

(In order: In front of school, before we left home- Karsten and then Karsten & Morgan, at His locker, the "1st" day of school, exploring the library, at the bug table in his classroom)


5 comments:

Kristen said...

How exciting!! And so cute that they have lockers for kindergarten! :)

The Bailly Buzz said...

Yeah Karsten! I hope you love kindergarten. Tell Karsten that I just found a rv/motorhome sale park by my house so when he comes to visit we can check it out.

kendra said...

hey kerri - I just came across your blog. I can't believe Karsten is in kindergarten. I still remember his cute chubby cheeks and long curly hair! Congratulations on baby 3 by the way! He is a cutie. And to Theron, finally done!

kendra said...

that last comment was from me - kendra perigo (from Iowa, remember?!)

PRC said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/kartu-kredit-limit-besar-terbaik