Saturday, September 6, 2008

Karsten's First Soccer Game

Karsten had his first soccer game today! We signed him up a few weeks late, so he has only had 2 practices and is virtually clueless on the field (the other kids had been practicing for 3 weeks). He had fun though! He sat out the first quarter with 2 other kids and he proceeded to run around and around the tree that was by the sidelines. I was kind of hoping he would pay attention to the game so he would have a clue, but he had too much adrenaline or something. When it was his turn to play, he had a HUGE grin on his face as he ran aimlessly onto the field. I wish I could have caught that face on camera. Here he is on his way to the game.
Here's an "action" shot.
Notice in the next three pictures Karsten is hanging just a little outside the rest of the team. Well, that pretty much sums up where his mind was during the game when he was playing...just not quite all there. But he had fun, and that's all that matters (at this point anyways :).


I took a video that I'm hoping to figure out how to get off my video camera so you can see how funny he was in action. Stay tuned...